Tip: New to Telehealth? See Getting started with Telehealth for more information.
Before you can join a Telehealth appointment from your mobile device, you'll need to download the Telehealth by SimplePractice app (available for iOS or Android).
Note: If you're on an iPhone, you can also join a Telehealth appointment directly from the SimplePractice Client Portal app (available for iOS). To learn how, see Managing appointments on the SimplePractice Client Portal mobile app.
To join a video call:
- On your smartphone or tablet, open your email or text appointment reminder.
- Tap the unique video appointment link included in the reminder.
- This will open the Telehealth by SimplePractice app. If you don't have the Telehealth by SimplePractice app on your mobile device, you’ll be prompted to download it.
- The first time you launch the Telehealth by SimplePractice app, you'll see a Welcome screen with tips for optimizing your Telehealth experience.
- To review these tips, swipe or tap Next.
- To skip these tips, tap Skip.
- Enter the unique video appointment link from your appointment reminder and select Continue.
- You'll see a preview where you can turn your video on or off, mute or unmute yourself, and check your connection status.
- Note: While you can use mobile data for Telehealth, the quality of your call may fluctuate. We typically recommend Wi-Fi since it provides a more reliable connection. To learn how to improve your connection, see: Troubleshooting Telehealth appointments.
- Enter your name, then click Join Appointment Now.
- You can also enter your appointment in landscape mode by flipping your device:
Note: Our Telehealth feature lets you adjust your video screen layout, use chat and other tools, and more. To learn more, see Enhancing your Telehealth experience with integrated features.