Note: To learn how to prepare for your first virtual appointment, see Getting started with Telehealth. For a checklist that will help you resolve audio, video, and connectivity issues, see Troubleshooting Telehealth appointments.
If you're using a desktop or laptop computer for your Telehealth appointment, you won’t need to download anything ahead of time. To join the video call:
- From your email appointment reminder, click Join your Video Appointment
- The video call will open in a new tab in your web browser
- If it doesn't, you can copy and paste the link into your browser
- You'll see a preview where you can turn your camera on or off, mute or unmute yourself, and view your connection status
- If your internet connection is poor, click Test call quality
- For more information, see Resolving connectivity issues
- Enter your name
- Click Ask to join
If your clinician has a waiting room enabled, you’ll see this waiting room screen until your clinician begins the appointment.
Note: If you’re using a mobile device, see Joining a Telehealth appointment from a smartphone or tablet. To learn how to adjust your video screen layout, use chat, and more, see Enhancing your Telehealth experience with integrated features.