The SimplePractice Client Portal mobile app lets you easily manage your upcoming appointments and request new ones from anywhere, at any time.
Below, we’ll cover:
- Requesting new appointments
- Viewing appointment details
- Joining a Telehealth appointment
- Canceling an appointment
Note: To use the mobile app, you must have an active account on your clinician's Client Portal. If you’re unable to sign in to the app, please contact your clinician to confirm your Client Portal access.
Requesting new appointments
If your clinician offers online appointment requests, you'll have the option to request an appointment through the app. To do this:
- Under Appointments, tap Request Now
- If there are multiple clinicians, select one and press Next
- Select the service and tap Next
- Choose a location and press Next
- Select Video Office to request a Telehealth session
- Select the appointment date and time
- If a time slot shows a phone icon, you'll need to call your clinician to request the appointment
- Review your request, then tap Request Now
Your clinician will review your appointment request, and you'll receive an email notification when it's accepted or declined.
Note: Please reach out to your clinician directly if you have any questions about their availability.
Viewing appointment details
You can also view your past and upcoming appointments in the app.
- Under Appointments, you’ll see up to 3 upcoming appointments
- To see more appointments, tap View all
To view details for a specific appointment:
- Select the appointment
- An appointment details page will open with the following information:
- The date and time of the appointment
- The clinician the appointment is scheduled with
- The location of the appointment
- For video appointment, the location will be displayed as Telehealth Appointment
- For in-office appointment, the address will be listed
- The appointment status
- If an appointment request is unconfirmed, it will be listed as Pending
If your appointment is in-person, you can get directions to the office location.
- Tap Get Directions from the appointment details page
- Select Apple Maps or Google Maps to open the directions
Joining a Telehealth appointment
You can also join Telehealth appointments directly from the SimplePractice Client Portal app. To do this:
- Select the appointment
- Tap Join Appointment
- Note: This option won't appear if an appointment is Pending
- Allow the app to access the microphone and camera
- Enter your name
- Tap Join Appointment Now
Note: For more information on Telehealth appointments, see Getting started with Telehealth.
Canceling an appointment
With the app, you can also cancel and reschedule upcoming appointments.
To cancel an appointment:
- Select the appointment you’d like to cancel
- Tap Cancel Appointment
- If an appointment is within the practice’s cancellation window, you'll be able to confirm your cancellation by selecting Yes, cancel it
- If the cancellation window has closed or your clinician doesn’t permit cancellations online, you’ll need to call the practice to cancel
- To make this call, tap Call now
Note: If you’ve canceled your appointment and need to reschedule it, you can follow the steps outlined in the Requesting new appointments section. For help with rescheduling, please contact your clinician.