With the SimplePractice Client Portal mobile app, you can access your secure online portal and manage your care more easily while on the go. The app lets you request and manage appointments, make payments, securely message your clinician, and complete paperwork.
In this guide, we’ll cover:
- Minimum requirements for the app
- Features available on the app
- Signing in to the app
- App security
- Switching profiles
Minimum requirements for the app
To download the app, search for "SimplePractice Client Portal" in the App Store or Google Play Store and tap Get or Install.
Note: You must have an active account on your clinician's Client Portal to use the app.
Features available on the app
With the SimplePractice Client Portal app, you can experience the key functionality of the Client Portal in the convenience of a mobile app. You can:
- Manage and request appointments
- Join Telehealth appointments directly from the app
- Note: You'll need to access the Client Portal on a web browser to view statements and superbills.
- Make payments
Complete pending documents
- Note: Any pending paperwork will be listed under Documents. Select a document, then follow the prompts to complete and submit it. To view completed paperwork or upload files, tap View all. To learn more, see Signing and completing documents and forms.
- Communicate with your clinician through secure messaging
- Receive push notifications when your clinician sends you new messages, invoices, and documents
- Manage multiple profiles from one place
- Use your device’s built-in security features for convenient and secure login
Note: What you can see and do in the SimplePractice Client Portal app is determined by your clinician. If you have questions about what’s available to you, please contact them directly.
Signing in to the app
To sign in to the app:
- Enter the email address associated with your Client Portal
- Tap Send link
- Select Go to email and choose the mail app you’d like to open
Check your inbox for an email with the subject line “Sign in to your Client Portal”
- Tip: The subject line will include the date and time you requested the link. If you don’t see this email in your inbox, check your Spam, Bulk Mail, and/or Updates folders.
- Tap Sign in
Note: If you’re receiving an error message when signing in, see I’m receiving an error message when I try to sign in to the app. How do I resolve this?
- If you have multiple Client Portal profiles, select the one you'd like to view
- To learn more, see Switching profiles
Note: It's important that the email address you enter matches exactly what your clinician has on file for you. If you're having trouble logging in, see Troubleshooting Client Portal login issues. If you're not sure if you've been given Client Portal access or don't remember the email associated with your account, please contact your clinician directly.
You can use your device’s built-in security features to enhance your app security.
Note: The option to Use Face ID or Use Touch ID (iPhone) or Use biometrics (Android) will only appear as options if these features are enabled on your device. For more information, see Apple’s guides on Using Face ID and Using Touch ID.
To turn on a Passcode, Face ID, or Touch ID for an iPhone:
- Tap the three stacked lines in the top left
- Select App security
- To create an in-app Passcode, choose Use Passcode
- Enter and confirm the four-digit Passcode you’ll use to access the app
- To turn on Face ID or Touch ID, choose Use Face ID or Use Touch ID
- Tap Set Passcode to create a four-digit Passcode
- A Passcode is required to activate Face ID or Touch ID
To turn on a PIN or biometrics for Android:
- Tap the three stacked lines > App security
- Choose Use PIN
- Enter and confirm the four-digit PIN you’ll use to access the app
Choose Use biometrics
- Tap Set PIN to create a four-digit PIN
- A PIN is required to activate biometrics
Important: If you’d prefer to fully sign out of the app, you can tap the three stacked lines, then choose Sign out. Because we don’t store your app preferences, signing out of the app will reset your app security and notification settings.
If you have multiple Client Portal profiles tied to your email address, you can easily switch between them on the app. You may have multiple Client Portal profiles if:
- You’re seeing a clinician for individual and couples therapy
- You’re responsible for one or more minors
- You're seeing clinicians at different practices, and they've both granted you access to their practice's Client Portal
To choose the profile you'd like to manage:
- Tap the Profile Selected dropdown
- Select the profile you'd like to view
- Tap Done
Note: If you have Client Portal access with two or more different practices, your profiles (including shared documents, appointments, and billing information) will be organized by practice. If you have questions about your Client Portal access, please contact the practice(s) directly.