Secure messaging lets you communicate directly with your clinician in a secure, HIPAA compliant way. You can view and respond to secure messages at any time in the Client Portal.
In this guide, we’ll cover:
Sending a secure message
To send a secure message:
- Log in to your Client Portal
- Click the chat bubble icon in the top right
Note: You won’t see the chat bubble icon if secure messaging is turned off for the practice.
- Enter your message in the text box
- Press Enter or Return to send your message
- Your clinician will be notified of your message
Receiving secure messages
When you receive a new message, you’ll be notified by email. Clicking Sign In will log you in to your Client Portal to view the message.
Note: If you’re using the SimplePractice Client Portal mobile app, you can turn on push notifications for new messages.
In the Client Portal, a red dot on the chat bubble icon will indicate that you have unread messages. You can:
- Click the red dot to view your unread message
- To reply, enter your message in the text box, then press Enter or Return
- Your clinician will be notified of your response